It’s a common phrase isn’t it?…
Bad things come in 3’s
or words similar to that!
So, let’s flip it (you know how I love to turn a negative into a positive!)
Let’s find 3 things to be happy and grateful for!
(or even more… I mean, why not?!)
In my new weekly feature, I will look back over my gratitude journal and bring to you my #HighlightsofHappy , which is great because it gives me the opportunity to look back and be grateful all over again 🙂
I will then round it off with one word that sums up my happy.
So, what am I happy and grateful for this week?
- Our little girl getting a party invitation from one of her best friends at school ~ no big deal, you might think… 6 year olds tend to get lots of party invites. Perhaps. But when I look back at how our daughter has settled into her new school and made new friends, it makes me very happy.
- For meeting up with friends that we haven’t seen for a while ~ our girls were excited to see each other, they played together and we had a good chin-wag. And the weather held off for us while they ran amock at an open day too!
- For a nice hot shower after swimming with our little girl ~ there’s something amazingly amazing about a nice, hot shower in your own shower after a pool session. (Sometimes you have to ignore bad grammar to get the point across!) 🙂
- For a lovely smoothie made by our little girl and hubby ~ while I watched the men’s singles final at Wimbledon… well not actually at Wimbledon. But I had my feet up and was cheering our man Murray on! And the smoothie was delish.
- For hearing our daughter sing a goodbye song that she’s been learning at school ~ the Head teacher is leaving the school for pastures new this year and the school have learnt a song to sing. She’s made quite an impression on our lives.
- Hearing a good friend’s positive news on the health front ~ more often than not, we really don’t have anything to moan about do we?
- That our daughter got a commemorative coin for the Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations ~ our community held an event which most of the school ended up attending. It was wonderful to hear them all sing along to the National Anthem. Look out for a blog post to follow about the coin 🙂
What a lovely lot of happiness this week!
My word of the week is ‘friendship’ because it seems to feature twice here. Just lovely 🙂
I’d love to hear about your ‘happy’ in the comments below or tweet me @AllSortsHere using #HighlightsofHappy
Share your happy with me!