It’s a common phrase isn’t it?…
Bad things come in 3’s
or words similar to that!
So, let’s flip it (you know how I love to turn a negative into a positive!)
Let’s find 3 things to be happy and grateful for!
(or even more… I mean, why not?!)
In my new weekly feature, I will look back over my gratitude journal and bring to you my #HighlightsofHappy , which is great because it gives me the opportunity to look back and be grateful all over again 🙂
I will then round it off with one word that sums up my happy.
So, what am I happy and grateful for this week?
- For time to do some reiki self-treatment ~ I manage yoga most mornings but to do some proper meditation with reiki was just what I needed to ‘keep the home fires burning’!
- For some time with my little family at the local coffee shop, chatting over some yummy food and drink.
- That our little girl was delighted when we went summer clothes shopping for her (she’s grown again!) and found a My Little Pony top in her size. AND it’s reversible! Seriously, this was ground-breaking fo her!
- For happening upon a box of free teddies ~ on a quick walk round the corner to the shop, someone had left a little basket on the pavement full of teddies with a note saying ‘please help yourself’. So I grabbed a teddy for our daughter called Ollie the Owl!
- For seeing our daughter with her grandparents. Nothing quite compares to those moments when you hear your child telling them about something in their own little way 🙂
- For air-conditioning in my car ~ enough said!
- For our daughter’s amazing school report which states she is ‘exceeding’ and is clearly thriving. As a parent, all you truly want is for your child to be happy and healthy – if they do well academically, it’s a bonus. And this was a bonus after all we’ve been through.
- For missing major tailbacks in a traffic jam which meant that I got home in good time, when there were reports of people taking 6 hours to travel 2 miles!
- For hearing the words, “Thank you Mummy. You’re the best Mummy ever!”. ~ This was after walking our little girl’s friend home after a play date after school, popping into the shop and she asked very politely for chocolate. Yes I know it’s cupboard love but still…
Wow, that’s a mega lot of happiness this week!
My word of the week is ‘simple’ because most of these things came about from doing, seeing, saying or hearing something quite simple 🙂
I’d love to hear about your ‘happy’ in the comments below or tweet me @AllSortsHere using #HighlightsofHappy
Share your happy with me!